Why Pay Expensive Retainer Fees?

Wayne Rock

My question to you is, why pay expensive retainer fees? Parent attorney’s demand retainer fees of $5,000 or more at a rate of $400 per hour. This can be beyond hard to afford for most parents. My fees include reviewing all your child’s educational documents, preparing for the Committee on Special Education (CSE), then in-turn attending the CSE meeting and review the updated Individual Education Plan (IEP) for your child. My goal is to get you and your child all the support they are entitled to receive.

Wayne Rock

by Wayne Rock

19 thoughts on “Why Pay Expensive Retainer Fees?

1. Jackie McCauley says:

Wayne Rock is an Angel impersonating a human being. I honestly can tell you that I don’t know what our family would have done without him. We certainly could not afford the outrageous fees and retainer we were quoted by a hard selling attorneys office. Wayne is the real deal. He cares…a lot. He will fight for your rights tooth and nail. He knows the system well and he looks for the best ways to help your child. He is affordable and he is the best. He got us every one of our evaluation demands and the list was long. This, after two years of begging our school for help and being ignored. Wayne rock does rock! We finally feel like our son will get the help he needs after years of stress and lack of progress. Thank you for fighting for us, Wayne.

2. Richard says:

Wayne is the life raft on a sea of desperation. Make no mistake, Wayne Rock may not be an attorney, but he KNOWS THE LAW when it comes to schools and what they must do for a child in need better than most attorneys. And he gets results.

The man is a tireless, relentless worker who can outsmart, out-think and take control of a Special Education board room meeting in seconds. Your child is his priority and he makes it abundantly clear to your child’s school that they better realize he or she should be recognized as a priority and not overlooked, pushed aside and forgotten.

For over three years, we were denied testing for our daughter by an uncaring, overwhelmed school district. After finding Wayne, he began a quick, effective process and finally our daughter was tested and immediately classified as high functioning autistic.And since that classification, Wayne’s diligent work has knocked down barriers and opened doors for us, ensuring that the school cannot overlook her in the future.

He’s a brilliant mind, a creative, compassionate soul whose task is to get results and protect your child and he does so with confidence. This man is your child’s guardian angel when it comes to SE advocating. There may be others,but you will not find better.

As a parent, I urge anyone who has a child in need of an advocate to rush to the phone or computer and contact Wayne. You owe it to your child and you owe it to yourself.
    He is not only incredibly affordable when compared to the normal mid-high priced attorneys fees, but he also KNOWS FAR MORE when it comes to school district policies, obligations and what the districts are required to do for your child. Unfortunately, most schools won’t lift a finger unless they are forced to. Wayne is that X factor that gets schools moving the moment he makes contact.

Thank you Wayne, not only for what you have done for our daughter, but for what you continue to do. You are a true inspiration and we are blessed to have found you. Keep fighting the good fight for those whose voices are not always heard or understood.

3. Gina says:

I wish I had known about Wayne Rock a few years back and the tremendous amount of knowledge he has regarding my child’s rights. For many years, my husband and I fought a battle with CMSD to get 1:1 reading along with additional speech needs implemented during the school day but to no avail. My son was denied the summer program for 5 years in a row as well which is also a disgrace but Wayne Rock has put an end to the schools negligence regarding the above stated issues. My son is finally going to receive a summer program. He is professional, kind and tough. He knows the law and will get your child everything he/she is entitled to. Wayne is extremely knowledgeable in education law and I would highly recommend utilizing his services. He approaches each child’s unique situation with the tenacity and diligence that makes Wayne Rock a force to be reckoned with!! He is all you need to get the job done. He cares so much and volunteered his time to meet with our Special Education Director before the Annual Review Thank you Wayne ROCK!

4. Jeff & Lizette says:

We just went through 8 months of fighting with the district for RTC placement for our daughter with Wayne. Due process hearing preps, CSE meetings, tours of potential placements and other settlement meetings. There was a ton of preparation work on his part to support these meetings. His fees are extremely reasonable. Who knows what an attorney would have charged? Probably in the area of $50,000. Result- got the RTC placement worth $179,000/year. Wayne is extremely knowledgeable in the education laws and he is a tenacious fighter for our children’s rights. I recommend him to anyone seeking a Special Education Advocate without hesitation.

5. Eileen Woods says:

I don’t know what I would have done if I did not find Wayne Rock. He is an outstanding advocate who gives 150%. He has worked so hard for my daughter and has gotten us so much. I would be lost without Wayne. Not only is he a caring and outstanding advocate, but he is also a friend. Not only has he gotten my daughter a great school and great services, but he was also able to get my daughter into an after school program at YAI.

Words cannot express my gratitude to Wayne. If you are looking for a great advocate and someone who really cares about what is best for your child, you need Wayne!

6. Tiery says:

To tell you the truth…l simply felt as if I wasn’t doing enough for my 6yr son with autism. I believed that there was more support he could get or a better school he could be in, in order for him to be the best autistic person he could be. I just didn’t know how or what I should be asking for………..until Mr. Rock, who was able to get the school district to approve a independent neuropsychological evaluation with the Cody Center, the use of an iPad, behavorial consultation. Various additional testing to be done by a speech teacher and I will be visiting other district approved schools to see if they meet my sons needs………and this was only the program review meeting. I am greatful to my school district and especially to Mr. Rock.

7. Barb says:

Wayne Just Won My Twins Over $10,000 for Neuropsych Evals!

My family has been battling the our children’s district for well over a year now to provide them with a FAPE and Wayne has been right beside us leading us to victory everytime.

Wayne has filed multiple Due Processing Complaints against the NYC Dept of Ed. and as a result he has won us well over $50,000 in services.

My twins are truly blessed to have someone who cares as deeply as Wayne does to fight for their educational needs.

If your thinking about retaining a lawyer to fight for your Children’s Special Educational Rights….do yourself a favor and call Wayne 1ST!

Grateful Without Words

Barb

8. Janet says:

My husband & I searched for three years, trying to find an honest & competent educational advocate for our son. Wayne Rock truly understands our struggles. He has successfully guided us through the adversarial maze of dealing with the NYCDOE , as well as compassionately supported us through this emotionally charged bureaucratic maze.
    We not only owe him our thanks, but also our sanity. …

Wayne saved my son’s life. He filed a due process complaint and the impartial hearing officer immediately approved an out-of-state pendency residential placement worth over $125K. He understands educational law and it’s a secure feeling when he advocates for our son at the hearing. We hired another attorney and they did absolutely nothing but take our money. All ‘kudo’s’ to you Wayne

9. Barb Smith says:

I too agree with all of the comments above except the one response from the individual who feels that a parent has to spend 40k on lawyer fees to get results for their Children’s Special Education Needs!

Most parents can’t afford to spend this much money on Lawyers with an Excellent Special Educational Advocate like Wayne Rock you can get faster results for a fraction of the cost…

Wayne was an Angel truly sent to our family and to many others… from God Himself!

I don’t know how Wayne does it but his compassion, drive and wealth of Special Educational Procedure/Laws has helped our Twin sons receive ALL of the compensatory services owed to them for the past 3 years!

There is NO WAY we could have gotton the same results in just a matter of months with an attorney. If so…our family would be bankrupt by now for sure!

I ONLY WISH WE HAD MORE EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE LIKE WAYNE TO FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD.

10. Laura says:

Wayne has helped us so much in just the few short months we have known him. He has been an awesome advocate for our son and he picked up on things that no one else has for the past 3 years. He was the only one who realized our son needed speech services and he got them! He is so knowlegable and insightful. He truly cares about children and that they get the education they are entitled to. We are so grateful that we found Wayne!!!

• ChildAdvocate says:

Laura,

Many parents don’t understand the benefit of receptive and expressive language. Auditory Memory and Auditory Comprehension and inferential language are so important including pragmatic Language.

Wayne

11. Tom says:

Wayne delivered equity at our first CSE meeting, going toe-to-toe with the CSE committee teachers, and winning.

This is something that my attorney was unable to do, but was more than willing to charge me $275/hr. The school special ed director and their attorney had NO respect for our attorney, but they were shaking when Wayne arrived. Wayne’s results speak for themselves. Attorney’s are all about the money, and the school strategy will bleed parents dry. Dedicated individuals? Get a clue… I doubt you’ve shelled out $40K and gotten NOTHING in return. When you do that, then come back and post your experience.

12. Steve says:

Ken, the schools are causing a ruckus with the way they are run. “Violate other peoples lives”? How is that? It is the lives of special education children that are being violated by the public schools, and Wayne has to come in afterward, and clean up the mess. We need more advocates like Wayne…

13. ChildAdvocate says:

Ken,

You must work for Ingerman, Guercio or a school. Thank you for your comments. It’s about time someone speaks up against the schools.

Wayne

14. Melissa Castillo says:

I can’t afford an educational attorney and I refused to give up on my daughters education. I’m fortunate that I found Wayne Rock. Before he was referred to me I was overwhelmed by my daughters Learning Disability and how it was going to impact her education. Working with Wayne has allowed me to understand my rights and the options that are available. He helped me understand and how to prepare for it. I frankly do not know what I would of done with our Wayne. Wayne cares about my daughter. Melissa

15. Jeannine King says:

Soooo true.. I wss personally burned by one of the above named attorneys and let me tell you it was the biggest mistake I will be PAYING for the rest of my life. I was so fortunate to have been referred to Wayne Rock. He says what he means and means what he says. He is the most knowlegable advocate I have ever met. He has my sons best interest and education in mind, not a fancy office on the North Shore with a Mercedes… Wayne is the BEST and the RIGHT choice.

16. John McNally says:

It’s true. Based upon my personal experience, an attorney will cost you more and get you less. Wayne Rock delivers equity and value from the very first CSE meeting. I wish I knew about Wayne BEFORE I hired an attorney.

• Jeff and Lizette says: